Wednesday, November 12, 2008

decent run

sunday, monday and tuesday i played a total of 18 games. out of those 18 games, i cashed in 11. so far a decent little run and puts me up this month so far. long way still to go, but feel good. my room mate and some guys at the bar we watched the chiefs game at were watching me play during the game and were amazed at the number of cashes especially since i was pretty card dead. my roommate said that i earned every one of those cashes the hard way - by playing my ass off. felt good. i decided to play a game at the $16 level tonight to see what the competition was like at that level. i totally won it. very cool. and i was my normal card dead, so when my bank roll reaches the next level again (which should be soon) i think im ready to give the $12 games another try.

watched the wsop final table tonight. in all honesty, i was a little disappointed in espn and the lack of actual hands shown. i think in two hours there was maybe 20 - 25 hands shown. seemed to be a whole lot of fluff about the players they were able to fit in tho. congrats to the guy who won. its an amazing feat no matter how you look at it. im hoping to win a satellite into it next summer - and would love to cash. we'll see.

the company that laid me off in may went through it again. in may they let about 90 -100 people go. word on the street is that another 300 hit the bricks tuesday. its a crazy time we are living in and my timing for trying this whole thing out couldn't be better (hope you caught the sarcasm in that statement) i am actually nervous about the economy. i have finally applied for unemployment and will be looking for work while im continuing to build my poker skills. since everyone else is looking for work too, it is going to be a tough environment. from what i understand, lots of the folks that were laid off with me still haven't found work. im seriously considering taking money out of my ever shrinking 401k to pay off student loans and my one cc so that i can have more flexibility in salary while looking for a job. the best of all worlds would be that i make this poker thing happen and dont need to get a job, but realistically, i better look now while i still have some flexibility.

keep those fingers crossed.
peace and love and happiness to all
k-

3 comments:

Porqchop said...

Good to see that you're still plugging away. If it makes you feel better, I'm starting with a company I've been contracting with for the past 8 weeks. I'll actually be better off than I was in my old gig. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Still looking. Picked up a couple of short term contract gigs, but nothing fulltime. It's tough out there right now. Much love - Coolio

The Miller Family said...

Noticed you haven't posted in a while...everything okay?